[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4736: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
Forums Beroux.com • View topic - x64 Version of Rename-it!

x64 Version of Rename-it!

Question or support requests for Rename-It!. Post your question or ask for help, here.

x64 Version of Rename-it!

Postby Michael_ » 29 Jan 2008, 20:42

Hello,

will there be a x64 shell extension in the future?

thanks
Michael
Michael_

Re: x64 Version of Rename-it!

Postby Wernight » 30 May 2008, 15:50

I don't have x64 OS for test as it would take long time to setup and I'm missing some elements too. So the shell extension isn't working on x64, but Rename-It! (the program itself) is working, am I correct?
Wernight
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ninjai » 10 Apr 2009, 16:55

I just wondering why there's no shell extension in my x64 version of Vista, hah

Yah, it works fine, but i would like a shell extension. that would be much more convenient.
ninjai

Postby wahnsinn » 12 Sep 2010, 23:00

In case anyone's still after this (and you should be, because there STILL is no better renaming tool around!), Ive found a way to put rename-it into the right click (context-) menu again. Its only a workaround, and it requires another program to work, but its better than nothing I figure..

Unfortunately, it turns out a simple reg-hack wont do the job - at least not as far as I have found.
Instead, you need a program called "Open++" - available here: http://dengdun.webs.com/en/openxx.htm (scroll to the bottom for x64 version).

Install it. It will automatically put a new cascading menu called "Open++" into your context menu.
Right click somewhere, enter that new menu, and select "Customize Open++".
You can now delete all the stuff you dont want/need (I got rid of everything that came with it, although some things may be useful).
You can also add other stuff that you may want.

In order to get Rename-It!'s functionality back on track you need to add a new command to the menu by clicking "Add"
select the "run with parameters" option, then browse to your renameit.exe
the title is up to you, i called mine "Rename files!"
(!) in the parameters field you need to put or select %TargetPaths%
You can select the types of files this command should work on at the bottom, I put *.* since I use rename-it for practically everything.

when youre done, hit apply, and the new command should be available at once.
Unfortunately I have not found a way to get the command one level higher, i.e. out of the "Open++" sub-menu.

Also note:
Open++ has a limitation on how many characters it can pass along, so there may be a problem if you try to rename a great many files or very long file/path names ,.. cant be helped :o

As i said, its a workaround..

PS: A different workaround is to put the "pure" RenameIt.exe command into your right click context menu, by using one of the many tweaking programs around.
I got one from this thread, written by one of the users, which does its job nicely and nothing else: http://www.sevenforums.com/customizatio ... post221383

The advantage is, you have the Program right where it's supposed to be. The disadvantage is, with this method you cannot pass filenames or pathnames to the program. So the only thing you accomplish is to be able to open the blank rename-it window via right click menu. Its something I suppose... ;)
wahnsinn

Postby Wernight » 06 Dec 2010, 00:42

Seems I should really complete version 3 one day. It's so much better. Humm.... time. Who's interested? :joy:
Wernight
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wahnsinn » 26 Dec 2010, 14:59

I sure do!
(happy holidays b.t.w.)
wahnsinn

Postby coreying » 17 Jan 2011, 08:52

I'm definitely interested in your finishing version 3 (or is that mean to read v4?)
I too have not been able to find a better tool than renameit v3.42

But I believe one of the best features of Rename it would undoutably be the "Command-line execution support" which is listed a "New functionalities" under the v4 development.
I wish I had programming skills to assist in getting v4 out the door, simply so I could get that feature!
coreying

Postby Vincnbres » 12 Aug 2011, 04:52

I don't have x64 OS for test as it would take long time to setup and I'm missing some elements too. So the shell extension isn't working on x64, but Rename-It! (the program itself) is working, am I correct?
Vincnbres

Postby Wernight » 30 Oct 2011, 00:03

I didn't expect so many answers. Actually I didn't expect any at all. I'll consider putting something on Github.
Wernight
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Oliveber » 09 Nov 2011, 09:20

I sure do!
Oliveber

Next

Return to [EN] (English International)