[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4736: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
Forums Beroux.com • View topic - GRAND C4 TOURNAMENT

GRAND C4 TOURNAMENT

Discuss whatever!

GRAND C4 TOURNAMENT

Postby Zugswang » 08 Dec 2007, 21:25

I just heard today about a giant tournament between all the connect four websites. They say it will be coming up in about 12 weeks. They will announce the date 8 weeks before hand. It will be 30 seconds per game, and it will be like the inetplay tournaments where they tell you what styles you have to use. The game will be Classic 7x6.

Registration is at http://connect-4.communityhost.de/ (the site is in german). Register at the site, then post on the Registration thread and say you want to be in the tourney. Also say which website you want to represent. I will be representing iPuissance4D :mrgreen: :twisted: 8)
fstal86 aka div0ckrehnee aka entr0py aka Frank :)
Zugswang

Re: GRAND C4 TOURNAMENT

Postby Zugswang » 14 Dec 2007, 16:27

Zugswang

Postby Angelface » 18 Dec 2007, 05:51

i signed myself up as Beroux team.
Angelface

Postby Teachme2play » 18 Dec 2007, 19:24

Since it looks that so-called "Team Beroux" will squash any other platforms (FlyOrDie bitchz suck!).

Here are some mistakes made by our "opponents":

Cayc0:

1. D1 - E1
2. B1 - D2
3. D3 - D4
4. E2 - E3
5. E4 - A1
6. B2 - B3
7. B4?? - D5!! and black (or green) won.

1. D1 - E1
2. B1 - F1
3. A1 - C1
4. B2 - B3
5. D2 - C2
6. C3 - B4
7. C4 - B5
8. B6 - C5
9. D3? - D4! and black (green) reached draw.

1. D1 - F1
2. F2 - G1
3. F3 - F4
4. D2? - D3! (black have draw now)
5. D4 - D5
6. G2? - B1! (from this point black led the game to an easy win)

So we now know that cayc0 is weak even in perfect play, so he will be an easy target at random start.

Blitzin is good, however only in 7x6, and he's not playing anymore, so he may have trouble with the random start.

Christopher is to be feared, that is if he wishes to join kurnik.org. He's probably one of the best players on the globe (like Carlsberg :)).

I don't know certusgames, so goes with blip.

Hmmm, what's more?!
o_O_loil seems pretty good, since we had 12-12 draw.
kodotone, same old kodotone - who doesn't know him?
krunk - I remember him playing on FlyOrDie long ago. But he was breakable.
Nameless - best from Netherlands? But still not good enough to make Flyo win.

Too bad slowness doesn't play.

:arrow: And Zug, what about Shishapower?

[EDIT]

I've been on that site, but I can only look up the registration forum. Is registering crucial to seeing what's on other subforums?
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
and a 100% reason to remember the game!
Teachme2play

Postby Teachme2play » 18 Dec 2007, 21:46

OK, I've joined as _shockwave_.
Hell, I saw the proposed positions. LOL!
People, who say they are hard will be no match for us.
I wonder what would they say about my last problem:
1. E1 - F1
2. B1 - B2

We will, we will rock them!

Angel, are you ready 4 the tour?
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 19 Dec 2007, 02:10

Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 19 Dec 2007, 09:23

This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 19 Dec 2007, 18:42

Lol i'm pessismistic because i've played at the other sites and against most of the people in the tournament. Yes, jerome and jp are grandmasters, but so is just about everyone in the tourney. You underestimate what "above average" means in this tourney. Average is nearly perfect, so above average would be perfect or at least a little bit closer to perfect than the rest, so that's the level we'd have to play at. And if other teams are playing perfect also, then who knows how we'll do. (i wonder what they'll do for tie-breakers. I suggested a gradual increase of board size, followed by a change of variants). Right now I'm probably the slowest "grandmaster" of anyone (and in fact i'm slow in general, not just in connect four. When i take exams, i'm allowed twice as much time as everyone else, lol). You are just returning to 7x6 after a long break, you probably have some rust to shake off plus new styles to learn. Jp is good but i'm guessing probably not as good as the inet and blip players, he has a little catching up to do, as does Bounty. So far, Jerome is probably the readiest player of all of us, he's fast and does multiple styles. But he is rarely online so I don't know how much he will practice, and even he does need to practice for this tourney if he's not to be broken. Angel and thumper have a ton of work to do, but with vianiato it is entirely possible to become a grandmaster in 3 months or less. I normally teach people not to play by memory, but for this tourney memory might not be a bad thing since it's 30 second games and you basically have to know the move instantly, and it's usually almost impossible to think that fast without the help of memory.

But you are right, we have a chance to take 2nd or even 1st, because there isn't much difference between one team of grandmasters and another. I will be ready, and i have faith you and Bounty will too. The other two i'll have to try to get in touch with more often, and Angel and Thumper can be as ready as anyone if they put enough work into it.

I don't know if i can get on midday, i might be working the next 3 weeks and it would depend on my work shifts. Whenever i'm free during the day, i'll look for you online though. Jerome and jp are only 1 hour behind you, so maybe they can get on when you do.
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 19 Dec 2007, 20:40

You keep on forgetting, or you don't talk about it on purpose. Look! Those people may be perfect, when they have perfect play, like most of openings shown on their forum (even if some of them look a little "exotic" to me). But show them one of our openings, that doesn't have the D1 move in it! Of course, there are some of them that are used on c4 platforms. Example:
a noob starts with B1, so you answer with C1 (the only winning move) and the rest is easy. But should those inet & blip "grandmasters" encounter a position with only 1-2 moves being done properly, and 5-8 mistakes I doubt they would choose the correct column(s). Remember, that each team is allowed to develop it's own positions, so if we make lot of them, we will have greater chance to trick them.

I talked to o_O_loil today, and he was bragging about devilgirl winning 30/30 games, playing with white, with positions with white beginning with D1. Big deal. A week of training with mustrum, and I also would know ALL the openings. And I believe my skills would enable me to win those games after a successful opening.

But I agree with you - we need a lot of training.

[EDIT]

I've just played a guest from inetplay - zweifinger/zidane on ipuissance. He was pretty good, but breakable.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Angelface » 19 Dec 2007, 22:47

yea we kinda need a schedule or something thats like... every night at a certain EPT time. so i know when i can train some more....
Angelface

Next

Return to General Discussion