[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4736: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
Forums Beroux.com • View topic - Project connect

Project connect

Discuss whatever!

Re: Project connect

Postby Zugswang » 14 Dec 2007, 16:13

Hm now i'm at my own computer so i checked with vianiato, and it says A3, D6 and E1 are the only draws :razz:

It makes sense because Red has to block the top row in order not to lose. D6 blocks it immediately. A3 and E1 give Yellow something to block, so Red can move D6 after the chain reaction of blocks (A3-A4 A5-A6 then D6, or E1-E2 E3-E4 then D6). But any other move would neither block D6 nor give Yellow anything to block, so Yellow could take D6 and win on the top row.

As for the tourney, i've already told you about it, and yes it is 7x6 lol. But it will be more like the new style i posted on the other thread, the one with the random starts. Except in the tourney it won't be random. I think they people organizing the tourney will tell the players the moves they have to start with. Either that or you will get to tell your opponent how to start, i'm not sure. So it's not the "same old" 7x6 but it is 7x6, but just play lol. Is it really that much torture for you to play 7x6, lol even some of the perfect players who are completely bored of the game still play it sometimes, and some of them will be in the tourney. So boredom is no excuse :razz:

it will be good publicity for ipuissance and more people might be curious to try it. Especially if we place ahead of a team :twisted: i'm guessing there will be 6 teams total so all we need to do is come in 5th and people will be surprised and impressed. I think thumper and angelface will play, so if you play we'll only need 1 more to have a team. i'll be practicing, and also training angel and thumper lol, they will be vicious :D All we need is a secret weapon, someone to hack into the other teams' computers while they're in a game :twisted: :twisted: and the funny thing is, instead of accusing us, people would accuse the other teams of cheating because they'd think, "the 30 second clock was too fast for their programs". So we'd be known as the only fair site on the internet lol. But I digress, lol as soon as i finish this post i have to do homework, that's why i'm dragging it out

if you decide to play, go to my thread "grand c4 tourney" or whatever it's called, it has a link to register.

oh i just thought of a possible 5th person. I noticed my friend shishapower is registered here, he's very good. Maybe i can convince him to play for us instead of inetplay/wherever, we'll see. You might know him from kurnik

and answer my problem #5 from like a week ago lol

EDIT: i just learned there are "prizes and certificates" lol i don't know what they are yet but that's another reason to play
fstal86 aka div0ckrehnee aka entr0py aka Frank :)
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 14 Dec 2007, 17:27

Oh, THAT problem? No problem :) => D2.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
and a 100% reason to remember the game!
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 14 Dec 2007, 17:51

bah program for sure :razz:

most people do e2 grr i can't fool ya. Nevermind i already did fool you with one of my problems :-P Score: Me--1, You--0 :-P :-P
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 14 Dec 2007, 18:03

Heh i supposed E2 also, but decided D2, cause I'm almost brainless after today's exam. I've put an ad of ipuissance4d on some polish forum - we will have new members.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 14 Dec 2007, 19:20

Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 14 Dec 2007, 21:35

This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 15 Dec 2007, 00:22

ah openings i'll read last, i just learn them from Chessmaster 10 for now. I asked cuz i thought maybe you could recommend some. So far i have Nimzowitch's My System, Max Euwe's 2-volume book on the middle game, and Jeremy Silman's "endgame course". i'll tell you how they are if i ever get time to read them lol. Are any of your openings books particularly good?

And update on the tourney: only 2 spots left for Team Beroux and i think it will soon be 1, so if you're gonna join, better do it soon lol. If not then it's okay, Beroux has a strong team now. I recruited Jer0me and he got jp91, another good french player. Victory is ours :twisted:
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 15 Dec 2007, 15:18

You didn't tell him about this site, did you? It would be better if he didn't register here, or else I would have to ban his 18346432982 nicknames.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 15 Dec 2007, 18:07

He already knew about it. He said he played here once before and thought it was boring, lol. He's the one who told me about this site like a year ago.

lol you have something against a lot of people...jer0me is one of the funniest and most personable people in connect four. He taught me so much about the game, and about the art of getting lots of women lol. You're the only 1 i know who dislikes him lol. Just how big is your hate list, lol
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 15 Dec 2007, 18:43

Some guru he is, then. I didn't need him, or anyone to learn how to play. And I haven't said I dislike him. But I don't approve of people who use multiple nicks, as you already know.

[EDIT]

And I know many people who don't like jerome. For example some people who played on kurnik in the past. And also, I have seen him being insulted on flyo.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion