[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4736: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
Forums Beroux.com • View topic - Improvements?

Improvements?

Discuss whatever!

Re: Improvements?

Postby Teachme2play » 18 Nov 2007, 21:38

Konstadone uses 2 or more computers while playing.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
and a 100% reason to remember the game!
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 19 Nov 2007, 01:00

I forgot to mention the biggest piece of evidence that he doesn't cheat: he is perfect in 8x7 and 9x6 and there are no programs for those games. Explain that.
fstal86 aka div0ckrehnee aka entr0py aka Frank :)
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 19 Nov 2007, 15:03

Maybe he isn't. I dk how did he learn 7x6 You mentioned it's easy to learn it then on other boards.
The fact is that he played/plays on 2 machines, and that's not proper.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 19 Nov 2007, 16:04

I've never heard anything about him using 2 computers (how do you know this, did he tell you?), but even if he does, fair moves are fair no matter how many computers you're doing them with. Programs don't make errors (besides bugs); konstodane occasionally does. Other boards are easier to learn once you truly know 7x6; cheaters hardly know anything and would be horrible at other board sizes because they're nothing without their programs. Konstodane got good the same way everyone else did: practice. Plus he is probably just smart. After a year of regularly playing him, I would have suspected something by now if he were a cheater, unless he's the sneakiest cheater alive. If he cheats, which program does he use? Certainly not mustrum, titot, or velena. And not vianiato either because for a while he didn't even have vianiato and he was as good then as ever.

Anyone can get good at this game. It's pretty simple compared to games like chess. I don't understand why people find it so hard to believe that there are genuinely good players. After all, someone has to be good at a game recommended for "Ages 7-14".

Anyway, it appears this thread is over, hehe I don't want to argue anymore let's call a truce :)
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 19 Nov 2007, 23:44

This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 20 Nov 2007, 17:50

Lol what does 2 nicks have to do with cheating? Just about everyone has more than 1 nick. I suppose people like climbing the ladder, or surprising people, or maybe they just changed their mind and thought a new name sounded cooler. I only have 1, I don't know why people have more than 1 but it's like that in every game, not just connect 4. Even first-person shooters.

And you don't need 2 computers to have 2 nicks, lol all you need are 2 email addresses.

And yes jer0me is probably the only person with more nicks, hehe he's funny.
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 20 Nov 2007, 22:05

Aah, i see you are blind. Notice, that average players don't need multiple accounts. Only those who like to show off (i am great master - 18 nicks, all red!), whose most valuble thing is the gaming site, and attracting people's attention. Pathetic.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 21 Nov 2007, 08:43

maybe true with some of the multi-name people, but is still a totally separate issue than cheating. But most multi-namers i know aren't braggarts.

Take jerome, for example. I think you agree he doesn't cheat (i'd bet anything that he doesn't). As for his personality, he's one of the friendliest players I know. I don't get the impression he's full of himself. He never brags; the closest he comes to it is when he's joking and taunting me (we've been friends for 2 years and are pretty competitive with each other). Only then might he mention his achievements, but in a private message to me rather than in public. Also, whenever he gets a new name, he doesn't even tell people it's him. Often i'll go weeks before knowing it's him, i either find out by process of elimination or he eventually tells me in private.

If you got to know Konstodane, you'd see that he too is friendly. He is a man of few words so it takes a little more effort to get to know him. And when have you once heard him boast or say anything bad to or about anyone? Definitely a class act, just look at his picture and try to imagine him not being nice; you can't.

Other than those 2, i can't think of anyone with nearly as many names. Snowblind has a few, and he is very friendly. Kogut has several, him i don't know so well but I do remember he wanted to leave but i asked him to teach me some 8x7 and he stayed and taught me for an hour, so he seems friendly as well.

Name some people who give evidence to your claim about multi-namers. And flyordie players don't count unless they also play somewhere else.
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 21 Nov 2007, 21:21

I was exaggerating a little, but I still think it's not good to use many accounts at the same time (e.g. nick#1 now, nick#2 tommorrow etc.).
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 25 Nov 2007, 23:19

I thought of another improvement. The last 2 times I played, some of the games got messed up. To me it looked like it was my opponent's turn, but to my opponent it looked like it was my turn. Neither of us were able to move. Somehow our screens were showing 2 different things. We had to quit the game and start over.

If puissance can somehow solve this, that would be good. I don't know what could be causing it, and it's probably a hard problem to fix. But at least it is rare.
Zugswang

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion