[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4736: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3867)
Forums Beroux.com • View topic - Improvements?

Improvements?

Discuss whatever!

Improvements?

Postby Teachme2play » 17 Mar 2007, 19:33

Teachme2play

Re: Improvements?

Postby Teachme2play » 09 May 2007, 16:17

What happened to all the flags next to the nicknames on high-score list? And why the forum link on ipuissane4d web site takes us to a selected topic, not to the main index?
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
and a 100% reason to remember the game!
Teachme2play

Postby Wernight » 09 May 2007, 23:05

As written in the news the flags have now to be selected in your forum profile. Since the nationality and language selection are different things and because there are more nationalities than languages it has been seperated.

As for the forum, it's redirected to the iPuissance 4D category of the Beroux forums: viewforum.php?f=28 (on the English side). This is to clarify and simplify. The other forum sections are for other softwares. In the future the iP4D forum may be a forum by itself completely separated from the others.
Wernight
Site Admin
Site Admin

ONLINE PLAY

Postby fiki929 » 11 Aug 2007, 22:08

HEY MAN I JUST GOT THIS CONNECT FOUR PROGRAM AND I SEE THAT NO1 IS PLAYING ONLINE!
IF THERE IS ANY1 WHO PLAYS THIS ,PLZ COME AND PLAY WITH ME! :mrgreen:
fiki929

ONLINE PLAY

Postby Teachme2play » 24 Aug 2007, 10:37

There are too few users yet, and still, we have holidays, don't we? Usually there is someone on-line at 6-9pm. F. e. I play every friday.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 16 Nov 2007, 17:20

Hi teach, i've seen you at kurnik, we should play sometime. I'm div0ckrehnee there. And hi to everyone else, hehe. At other places i'm fstal86 and zugswang.

I too feel the CPU requirements are a bit high. My pc's fan is always cranking really hard when running puissance. It's like that even when i'm just in the lobby and not playing a game. I have a 2 ghz processor and 1gb of RAM. Not a big deal though.

And I agree there should be spectating, ratings next to names and occasional tourneys (perhaps weekly). I suspect the membership would increase if those things were done.

Other than that, it's a good site I don't know why there aren't more users. The timer settings are very nice, and it's nice having the non-standard game styles. You might consider including 8x7, 8x8 and 9x6. 8x8 in particular would draw a LOT of players probably, because 8x8 is quite popular and if Puissance had it, it would be the only site with real-time 8x8 (all the others are turn-based or email-based). Quite possibly, Puissance would soon be the most popular c4 site on the web if 8x8 were included. (word would spread quick on the 8x8 sites about Puissance)

((I hope this isn't a repost, the 1st post didn't seem to work.))
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 16 Nov 2007, 23:01

Where is 8x8 popular? I might join the sites.
I don't think adding 8x8 would change anything, cause 7x6 should have lured people here. But it didn't. So I suppose we will have a constant, but slow raise of the number of frequent players. I can't tell anything about the game changes, because the administrator, mr. Beroux is currently unavialable (like from a month or so). I send him e-mails, so far without any answer.
So currently I'm in charge here - cheaters, beware! :)

PS. I don't remember playing on kurnik with Teachme2play nick - maybe it was somebody else.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 17 Nov 2007, 00:27

The best 8x8 sites, imho, are (in my order):
http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/
http://brainking.com/en/GameList
http://www.jijbent.nl/
http://www.itsyourturn.com/

You'll see they have many players in 8x8. Yes you should play, if you're good at 7x6 you'll master 8x8 in no time, it's much easier imo. I got just about perfect at it in like 1 month (with a perfect player teaching me). There are probably about 15 perfect 8x8 players, some of whom are kurnik players (jedrek, julien, metaldragon).

P.S. ah someone else has that name at kurnik then, coincidence because he has a good record at connect four as well.
From your picture I've deduced that your kurnik name is _shockwave_ and your name is Kasia, hehe. You are on my contacts list, go to kurnik sometime play the tourneys, which still have good players like christopher, snowblind, konstodane, sangfugl, imab, jerome, and others.
fstal86 aka div0ckrehnee aka entr0py aka Frank :)
Zugswang

Postby Teachme2play » 17 Nov 2007, 12:58

You can ask people from the mentioned sites to join us, can't you? I looked at some of the sites, and saw that rules like reversed and no fill c. aren't unpopular. People who play them should join us, we have a few good players at theses rules they could try out.
And don't say konstadone & sangfugl are good players - they both use programs.
This is 10% luck,
20% skill,
5% pleasure,
50% pain,
Teachme2play

Postby Zugswang » 18 Nov 2007, 04:12

Sure i'll do some advertising there, i'd like to see more people on puissance as well. It's true those styles do have a good amount of players, i'm sure those people would like puissance if they just tried it.

And I don't know about sangfugl, but I know for a fact Konstodane doesn't cheat. He's one of the top 5 players in the world. He does make errors now and then, which a program wouldn't. Also he's as fast a player as anyone. He has been very friendly to teach me so much about the game, so I must defend him. I am very good at detecting cheaters, I've played a lot at flyordie and blip so I've seen them all lol. And I can assure you James is not one. Also I don't think sangfugl cheats either, jer0me said he doesn't and jer0me can usually tell.
fstal86 aka div0ckrehnee aka entr0py aka Frank :)
Zugswang

Next

Return to General Discussion