Rename-It! 3.41 Sorting required for correct numbering

Question or support requests for Rename-It!. Post your question or ask for help, here.

Rename-It! 3.41 Sorting required for correct numbering

Postby Fenzo » 30 Jan 2006, 08:40

Wanted: When dragging files to Rename-It! 3.41 the files are not listed according to the alphabet. Most file names are but at the start you'll notice an alternation with a file downwards.
When renumbering the files with the %d option the alternation now creates a wrong numerical order for these two files. You can drag the wrong files to the right place in the list manually before renaming them but it would be better to sort the columns by simply clicking the column header. Auto-sort on drag-and-drop would also be handy.

Bug: running on Windows 2000 US the version I downloaded shows French names in the Use: box. I.e. Expression régulières instead of Regular Expressions.

Bug: the Add File menu often appears just by itself when selecting the application.

Hint: The Soundforge page has not been updated with version 3.41. Last version there is 3.32 of October 2004.
Fenzo

Postby Wernight » 31 Jan 2006, 12:43

Thank you for all your comments. Some elements are volontary at some extends but I may have made a bad choice. Thank you for this clear and good feedback on the software. I add it to the wish-list of the next release.
Wernight
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rename-It! 3.41 Sorting required for correct numbering

Postby TimeTourist » 05 Sep 2007, 19:04

Suggestion: How about adding the ability to sort on Date then renaming in that order?
TimeTourist

Re: Rename-It! 3.41 Sorting required for correct numbering

Postby Wernight » 20 Jun 2008, 16:32

This could be added but there's already a way to achieve that if files are not reordered alphabetically. Order them by date in the explorer and right click to start Rename-It!. It'll keep the order.
Wernight
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to [EN] (English International)